Friday, March 7, 2014

Keeping A Dream Journal 2

To keep your dream journies in order, Dream Journals are the best tool for the job. It can be one of those hardbound, book style journals from the bookstore, or a cheap, 79cent spiral from WalMart. What matters, are the key factoring questions. You should try to answer each of these questions about your dream, the moment you wake up. Write down the key points you remember immediately, and then proceed with this form....

The following list was gathered from various sources. These are questions to ask yourself, basically an outline for entries in a dream journal. It's likely that not every question will apply to all dreams. " How am I, the dream ego, acting in this dream? (Aggressive, assertive, passive, active, etc...)

What are the various feelings/emotions in the dream? (Both "mine" and those of other characters...)

What is the context of the dream? (What is going on in my life right now?)

In the dream, who are the main characters?

Who (or what) is the adversary?

Who (or what) is being wounded?

Who (or what) is being healed?

Who (or what) is my companion?

Did I dream of actual people, or imaginary people?

Could the characters all be different aspects of myself?

What are the outstanding features or symbols in the dream? (For example: flood, animals, house, etc.)

How might these features relate to me, my emotions, or my personality?

How does the dream as a whole relate to my personality?

What are the main actions in the dream?

What would I like to avoid in the dream?

What actions might it be suggesting that I consider?

Does the dream trigger any memories?

Do any of the elements of the dream relate to my current past?

Why might this part of my past be called to my attention now?

Does the dream trigger any further questions?

Why did I need this dream?

What is its positive message for me?

Was the dream more physical, or emotional?

What age was I in the dream?

Was the dream in color, or black and white?

Was I my present self in the dream, or someone else?

Now, you must fit together the answers to these questions, and decide how they imply to you. If you don't know, that's alright. Keep writing down as much as you can remember, and perhaps later, you will see a pattern.

Either way, Pleasant Dreams!

http://www.angelfire.com/al/dragonfyreweyr/essence/dreams.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Experimenting :-)

 Divination is more about what happens inside your head than the tools. Anything can be used as an oracle, symbol, message, sign. So, I deci...